- Value Engineering:
- An organized effort to analyze the functions of systems, equipment, facilities, services and supplies for the purpose of achieving the essential functions at the lowest life-cycle cost consistent with required performance, reliability, quality and safety.
- Women-Owned Small Business:
- Companies which meet the definition of a small business (noted above), and are at least 51% owned by a woman or women who are U.S. citizens and who also control and operate the business. The preferred terminology for these businesses is Women Business Enterprises (WBEs).
Daily bid notification View Demo GovernmentBids.com is part of Government Contracts USA, offering a range of services in government contracts, government RFPs, government bids and government procurement systems.
Popular terms (Glossary)
Contract Award: Occurs when the contracting officer has signed and distributed the contract to, or notified the contractor.
Commerce Business Daily: A Department of Commerce publication used by federal agencies to publish a summary or synopsis of their upcoming procurements to notify interested businesses. Now largely replaced by the Fedbizopps internet site.
RFP - Request for Proposal: A process where an agency or government can seek a specific proposal from vendors. Follows a specifications process and formalized set of standards and procedures. Generally seeks less vendor input than an RFI but more than an RFQ.†
- Most popular bid categories:
- Construction bids, Architectural and Engineering bids, Grounds and Landscaping bids, IT/Technology Consulting bids, Janitorial and Cleaning bids, Security and Safety bids, View all categories »
- Most popular bidding states:
- California bids, Texas bids, Florida bids, Massachusetts bids, Georgia bids, New Jersey bids, North Carolina bids, New York bids, View all regions »